Support for Departments at Rice University and at Other Universities
RUSMP's university-level support includes:
- assisting with preparation of grant proposals, in particular NSF CAREER grants,
- collaborating with faculty in joint grant submissions,
- collaborating in research initiatives,
- serving as external evaluators for faculty programs and projects,
- conceptualizing, planning, recruiting for, promoting, and assisting with faculty and department programs, in particular for K-12 broader impact activities,
- providing pedagogical feedback to graduate students and post-docs,
- providing teaching resources for university courses,
- assisting graduate students and post-docs in writing teaching statements and job searches,
- assisting university students in the development of resumes and cover letters and in job searches,
- providing outreach opportunities for university students,
- providing practicum experiences and guidance in education for university students,
- writing letters of recommendation and letters of support for university students and faculty,
- serving on thesis and dissertation committees,
- participating in tenure and promotion reviews, and
- conducting mathematics tours of the Rice campus.
RUSMP faculty have taught and continue to teach university courses at Rice and at other universities.
Below: Rice University mathematics department Ph.D. student, Kenan Ince,with sixth-grade student at The Rice School/La Escuela Rice during a math club meeting.